It doesn’t take an interior designer to recognize a stylish house. That’s why staging can be one of the most important aspects of selling a home. Not all buyers have vision so giving them a nudge with some staged furniture can make a difference in real estate including homes for sale in Calistoga CA and homes for sale in Sonoma County. A survey by Coldwell Banker found that staged homes – strategically styled for pulling buyers – sell in half the times of non-staged.
While professional staging companies can make a dramatic difference, check out some DIY tips and ideas for staging a home.
- Welcome mat: First impressions are everything. Let prospective buyers linger at the front door and feel truly welcomed. A fresh, new, clean and modern mat that matches the home’s style can leave a good impression on a buyer. Consider this tip when handling homes for sale in Calistoga CA and homes for sale in Sonoma County.
- Strategize with mirrors: Think dim hallway or small space. Hang mirrors in places where light is an issue. Not only will it add light but will help make the space look bigger. Mirrors across a window will have a better effect too by reflecting sun. Collages of small mirrors can be an interesting focal point too that enlarge a room.
- Set for entertaining: Tables, serving areas – make them look like you’re hosting a dinner party. People want to envision a space in its ideal setting. That means setting the scene with cloth napkins, wineglasses, nice plates in the dining room. Matching mugs and bowls on a kitchen table create a lovely, elegant, and homey environment. Think about how you would design homes for sale in Calistoga CA and homes for sale in Sonoma County to attract buyers.
- Art over personal photos: Help buyers picture themselves in your home by using artwork. Decorate the walls with large canvas art. Use modern shapes, floral images, landscapes, travel prints, etc.
- White elegance in bathrooms: White towels, bath mats, shower curtains can update a bathroom and create a clean luxury spa feel. Add spa displays like hand towels, candles, orchids, special soaps, etc.
Staging Homes for Sale in Calistoga CA or Homes for Sale in Sonoma County
Get some help with staging your property and contact real estate experts at St. Helena Real Estate. Browse our featured homes for sale, check out wine country towns, and see how we can help you find or sell your home.